John N. Hamilton
An ex-prosecutor, Jack Hamilton has tried more than 100 jury trials to verdict. A member of the firm since 1984, his practice currently concentrates on medical malpractice, products liability, and complex personal injury cases.
In 1992, he obtained one of the largest verdicts in Brevard County history in a case involving a bicyclist who had her leg run over by a tractor trailer on the Eau Gallie Causeway.
In 2000, along with his partner Sammy Cacciatore, Mr. Hamilton obtained a $6.4 million recovery for a man who suffered a spinal injury in an automobile accident on I-95 in Melbourne. The case was settled after an eight-day jury trial and seven hours of juror deliberations.
In 2003, he obtained a $3 Million recovery for a young woman who was seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident by a driver who had suffered a diabetic blackout. In 2007, in a confidential medical malpractice settlement, he obtained a multi-million dollar recovery against a local hospital and physicians’ group for failing to timely diagnose and treat her stroke. In 2008, he was successful in recovering another multi-million dollar settlement for a young man seriously injured in a trucking accident on I-95 in St. Lucie County.
Awarded an “AV-Preeminent” rating by Martindale-Hubble, its highest rating and listed in Florida Super Lawyers, Mr. Hamilton is also highly regarded in his community. As chairman of the Capital Campaign, he was instrumental in the successful building and opening of the Holy Trinity Episcopal High School. He is a past president of the Melbourne Beach Rotary and is currently on the Board of Directors of the Melbourne Police Athletic League.
Areas of Practice:
Complex Personal Injury Cases
Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, Florida Bar, 1989
Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 1990
U.S. Federal Court, 1984
University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, Mississippi, 1981
Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, 1978
Honors and Awards:
A.V.-Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubble
Listed in “Florida Super Lawyers”
Selection to The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers
“Top Attorneys in Florida” as published in The Wall Street Journal and Miami Magazine
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee, 18th Judicial Circuit, 2012-2015, 2012 – Present
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Cornell Alumni Ambassador
- Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy Capital Campaign
- Melbourne Beach Rotary
- Past President
- Melbourne Police Athletic League
- Board of Directors
- Former Chairman of the Police Civil Service Commission, Town of Melbourne Beach
- Florida Justice Association (formerly Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers)
- 1984 to present
- Florida Lawyers Action Group (FLAG)
- EAGLE member, Lifetime Award for Contributing Over $100,000 to protect
- victims, 2008
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Central Florida Chapter,
- selection by invitation only
- Brevard County Bar Association, 1981 to present
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Bar Association, 1984 to present
- American Association for Justice (formerly American Trial Lawyers
Phi Gamma Delta