Florida Back & Neck Injury Lawyer
Serving Melbourne, Brevard County & Beyond
A rear-end collision, slip and fall, or other accident can cause serious damage to the back or neck. Patients may require a back brace, pain medication, or other treatment to reduce inflammation and manage pain. However, many times, patients are told that there is no cure to their chronic back or neck pain, and that it is just something that they will have to learn to cope with.
At Nance Cacciatore, we have helped injured Floridians since 1963. Our attorneys have successfully represented those who have suffered spinal cord damage, amputations, brain injuries, and other catastrophic injuries.
While we understand that some injuries are largely incurable, you do not deserve to suffer the physical, emotional, and financial consequences of someone else’s negligence on your own.
From our office in Melbourne, we represent clients throughout Brevard County and the entire state of Florida, offering compassionate, client-focused service and an aggressive, results-oriented approach. To date, our Florida back and neck injury attorneys have recovered millions of dollars for our clients, and we are ready to fight for the maximum compensation you are owed.
Common Back & Neck Injuries
Back and neck injuries can range from relatively mild to debilitating.
Examples of common back and neck injuries include:
- Whiplash: When the head and neck are suddenly forced forward at a faster rate than the rest of the body, it can lead to severe neck strain, commonly known as whiplash. Whiplash typically involves injury to the muscles, ligaments, and soft tissues in the neck and cervical (upper) spine.
- Herniated Discs: Also known as a slipped or ruptured disc, a herniated disc occurs when the soft center of the spinal disc, which sits between the bones that make up the spine itself, is forced through a tear in the exterior of the disc.
- Lumbar Spine Injuries: Lumbar spine injuries, or lower back injuries, are some of the most common types of back injuries. Examples include lower back sprains, strains, and other injuries caused by traumatic accidents, cumulative damage, or overexertion.
- Thoracic Spine Injuries: A thoracic spine injury is one affecting the middle of the back or the chest/rib area. Often, thoracic spine injuries lead to permanent nerve damage, as well as painful and lasting symptoms like stiffness, muscle spasms, weakness, and reduced range of motion.
- Vertebral Fractures: When the bones that make up the spine (vertebrae) fracture, or break, the effects can be devastating. Victims may be partially or totally paralyzed and may experience intense, chronic pain and other serious complications.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries involve any injuries to the spinal cord, including damage to the vertebrae, nerves, tissues, ligaments, and other structures. Visit our Spinal Cord Injuries page to learn more about these catastrophic injuries.
These and other serious back and neck injuries can leave victims unable to work, get around, or even care for themselves. They may experience extreme, debilitating pain for months, years, or even the rest of their lives.
At Nance Cacciatore, we believe you deserve justice. Our back and neck injury lawyers in Florida can help you file a personal injury lawsuit against the negligent person or party and seek fair financial compensation for your damages.
Depending on the specifics of your case, this may include current and future medical expenses, lost wages, lost earning ability/disability, pain and suffering, and more.
Common Causes of Back & Neck Injuries
Some of the most common causes of back and neck injuries include:
- Car, motorcycle, and other automobile accidents
- Semi-truck and commercial vehicle collisions
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Falls, including slip and falls and falls to lower levels
- Workplace accidents and work-related injuries
- Sports and recreation-related accidents, including boating and Jet Ski accidents
- Acts of violence, such as assault
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Overexertion and overuse
- Repetitive motion injuries/cumulative injuries
All too often, these accidents occur because another person or entity was negligent. If you believe your back or neck injury could have—and should have—been prevented, you could have grounds for a claim. Contact Nance Cacciatore to learn more during a free, no-obligation consultation.
Damaged Disc & Low Back Pain Treatment
At Nance Cacciatore, we know that some back and neck injuries have no cure. However, low back pain deriving from a damaged disc should be a thing of the past.
In our work with leading medical experts in personal injury lawsuits, we have come to know and appreciate many of the new procedures available to treat our clients’ injuries. Specifically, new procedures in back surgery have enabled many clients to move on with their life after a car crash or other serious accident.
CHARITÉ® Artificial Disc Replacement Surgery
People who have suffered damage to a disc in their lower back may be a candidate for replacement disc surgery. Before this procedure became widely used, patients were left with the decision of dealing with the excruciating pain or enduring a spinal fusion, which diminished mobility for the patient.
New procedures enable patients to have the best of both worlds. With a successful CHARITÉ® Artificial Disc replacement, patients may overcome their lower back pain without sacrificing their mobility.
Disc replacement surgery is not an appropriate option for all patients. It is important to consult with your doctor to learn more and discuss your options.
How Nance Cacciatore Can Help
Getting back on your feet after a serious accident or injury is not easy. At Nance Cacciatore, we understand the challenges you are facing after a serious back or neck injury, and we know how to help. Our attorneys are board-certified by the Florida Bar, making them experts in their respective areas of law.
They have demonstrated exceptional skills, knowledge, and successes in complex personal injury litigation and civil trial law.
Simply put, we will fight for you.
When you choose Nance Cacciatore, our team will handle every legal detail of your case while you focus on getting the medical treatment you need. We will be there for you every step of the way, ready to answer your questions and address any concerns you may have.
Our firm has successfully recovered millions of dollars for our clients, and we do not collect any attorney fees unless we secure compensation for you. This means that if we don’t recover a settlement or verdict in your case, you don’t pay us anything!