Brevard County’s
Oldest Injury Law Firm

Contacting Your Insurance Company After An Automobile Accident

April 1, 2014

Contacting Insurance Company Automobile AccidentsHave you ever been involved in an accident? Did you know how to handle it? Well, amidst all that confusion you may not know what to do.

Accidents are inevitable; however, you should make sure that you know what you are supposed to do in case you are involved in an accident. This applies if you have an insurance claim.

Getting an attorney will come in handy if you do not know the legal procedures to be followed. If you have an insurance cover, then you will not have to pay a lot of money for hospital bills.

There are questions that you should know and a personal injury attorney Melbourne Fl is tremendous resource to utilize. Here are some of the questions that you should ask your attorney about the car accident.

What if I am at fault?

In this case you will not get any compensation in the accident. If the accident was caused as a result of your negligence, then you will not receive any money from your insurance company. However, you should not admit that you are at fault. You should make sure that you speak to your attorney first before anything else. The attorney will speak on your behalf. He will ensure that everything is the way it is supposed to be. It will be deemed that you are not careful and you will have to cough all the medical bills.

Why do I need an attorney if I am involved in a car accident?

This is because you will need to pay medical bills if you were injured from the accident. The attorney will ensure that you are well compensated. This is because there are those insurance companies that will pay you a low amount as compensation. They will also take a long time to pay. The attorney will help you get the claim. You will not have to deal with your insurance company. All that will remain is for you to wait for the compensation to be given to you.

What compensation will I receive from the accident?

There are those who usually fake accidents. However, if you are truly involved in an accident, then there are certain compensations you are entitled to. Some of them are: lost wages, medical costs, pain, suffering, disability, scarring, inconvenience, punitive damages and rental expenses among others. The amount that you will be given will be equal to what you have been paying as your insurance claim.

Should I report the accident?

Yes. You should call the police as soon as the accident takes place. You should also contact your insurance company you should ask them of the forms that you will be required to fill. This will ensure that you are well compensated for the accident that you have had. In case you do not report the accident, then you may be liable to legal charges. You may end up in the wrong side of the law.

These are some of the questions that you need to ask if you are involved in an accident. You will not have problems if you follow the right procedure.

If you have been a victim of a car accident injury in Melbourne or Titusville, contact the board certified experts at Nance Cacciatore for a free consultation.

Share this
Skip to content